The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Monday, February 27, 2006

Let Project "No-Alcohol March" commence!

Okay, internets, I've had it with the drinking. I drank a wee bit too much yesterday (wee=a lot) by way of celebrating and am sort of "off" today (off=hangover). I'm *supposed* to be drinking little to none as part of my Grand Plan to Lose Some Weight in Order to Fit Into a Very Nice Dress When I Stand in Front of 80+ Friends/Family and Get Hitched. Drinking too much wine and eating Trader Joe's pizza, not to MENTION the Trader Joe's chocolate-covered pretzels, simply does not fit into this plan.

When I drink, I get the munchies. Ergo, no drinking for one month, starting today. I will hold myself accountable to everyone on this and see how it goes. If anyone has any yummy non-alcoholic alternatives to the gallons of hot herbal tea and water that I drink, please let me know!

p.s. - thanks for all the congratulations! *blush*

6 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    Hmmm. What to drink, what to drink? I think probably water is your best bet, and you already drink that. Interesting fizzy things are good, too - raspberry-willow, gooseberry-maple, cloud dust-lemon... that sort of thing. It distracts from the lack of alcohol. While you're wondering what the heck it is bubbling in your mouth, you forget entirely that ethanol is sometimes involved in drinking.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Good question. Diet Coke with Lime is good. Also, froo-froo coffee drinks. Also, I love me some orange juice.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous sher said…

    I agree with the idea of water. It's so spartan it will remind you again and again that you're being REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Well, as annelynn can attest, I already drink 2-3 liters of water a day so something a little more interesting than water or sparkling water is what I seek. Hmmm. . .

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Binulatti said…

    Oh, my. I salute you. There's always the non alcoholic beer and sparkling grapejuice. Familiarity's sake...It's like a spray on-tan: all the look with none of the risk. (BUT - You are aware that a certain "green" holiday falls in the month of March, right? You are of a certain background, yeah? Dare you defy the merrymaking?)

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    "Daring to Defy the Merrymaking" will be my new motto this month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home