The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sorry, not much to say this week.

I kind of feel like Jim in "Jim's Journal" these days--anyone remember this great anti-humor comic strip from the 1990's, drawn by Scott Dikkers, who then went on to found "The Onion?" He drew strips about Jim's life in which nothing of import ever happened: Jim gets up, goes to work, and then comes home. Jim takes a walk and it was nice. Jim bakes brownies and they were pretty good.

I sense that this blog is becoming Jim's world. I write about what I made for dinner. I write about the cats. I write about the fact that there's nothing to write about. I guess that's okay for now, as I really don't have much else going on. But the fact that I'm starting to think like "Jim's Journal" is the beginning of restlessness and some frustration. I can't believe I'm saying this but: I'm ready to go back to work!

Anyhoo, that's all for today's tedious musings. I have a list of things to accomplish and by gum, I'm a'gonna do 'em! Ciaou, babies.

p. s.: Tonight's dinner will be Sher's Split Pea Soup with Rosemary Croutons. I think it will be pretty good.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous sher said…

    I for one enjoy all your pearls of wisdom!!! I thought you had a lot to say this week. But I know how you're feeling, I've felt the same way. I hope you enjoy the soup.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I suppose the whole wedding announcement was a big deal, huh? :)

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    Yes, the wedding announcement was a big deal! AND - what you write about is not boring or commonplace. I like.

    I do know how you're feeling, though. However... keep writing. I am absolutely loving being able to read what you write on a near-daily basis.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Keep writing, even if you think its mundane, others (like me!) might not think so. And that um, wedding thing was a pretty big deal!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Ben said…

    As any fan of "Jim's Journal" should know, "jobs are for proles."

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Drunk Dave said…

    Ummm...

    Hate to be the one to connect the obvious dots for ya, but...

    You seem concerned that yer talking about

    A.) Pussies
    B.) Eating

    Seeing the theme? No? The order of the A and B are arbitrary, you could try 'em reversed. Or narow the categories down. After all, they're not just cats, they're bad cats, acting naughty, Rreowr! and you're getting wild (Wild!) in the kitchen, makin' sure your man comes home to a hot (Hot!) meal and some wild (Wild!) pussies when he gets home.

    Capiche?

    Dave
    Drunk, watching the Oscars in a hotel room in buttfuck (Butt!) Virginia (Vagina!)

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Dave, I'm very worried that you are stuck in Virginia. Do you need help? Use morse code on the keyboard if you do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home