The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Saturday, March 04, 2006

WCB #39

aka "Basket War 2006."

We had a little basket next to the front door that we used to put our mail and keys in. When Colin discovered it a couple of months ago, he found it much to his liking. Even though he barely fit into it, he would somehow perform amazing kitty yoga and fall asleep like so (note: no kitten was harmed in the making of this photo):

After a few weeks of watching this painful determination to sleep in the basket no matter uncomfortable even though I grow bigger every day!, I went out and hunted around for a new basket. I found the perfect one; big, square, and with a cloth lining. I replaced the old basket with the new and waited to see how he liked it. He didn't--that is, until he saw Trixie climb in! Well! There's been a basket domination struggle ever since. And even though Trixie is almost twice his weight, he seems to able to trounce her in the Basket War. She's found a new, not-so-jazzy sleeping spot:

"Don't mess with me and my basket!" (note: no photographer was harmed in the making of this photo):

See Kiri and all the others at Clare's!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kross-Eyed Kitty said…

    What is it about cats and their baskets?! It truly does become personal for them, doesnt' it?
    Here via Clare's, but notice you are also a friend of Interrupted Wanderlust! She's a good blogfriend of mine. glad to meet you!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Glad to meet you too, kross-eyed kitty! Thanks for visting! I must admit, I've been a lurker on your blog for some time now. I am revealed!

    Interrupted Wanderlust is the sister of a good friend of mine in real life, Karrie, aka Binulatti.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Clare Eats said…

    It looks like he really does love that box, know you will need to get another one....;)

    Sorry WCB was so late

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Love these! We keep a godawful cardboard box on our kitchen floor because one of our cats loves to sleep in it. No contortions necessary for her though.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said…

    Why do the cats always find the strangest things to sleep in? We had a cat when my sons were little that loved to sleep in an empty Pampers box that would sit on the dresser for easy diaper access. I went to throw it away one day and tried to pick it up. It weighed a TON. I don't know who was more frightened, the cat or me. I moved the empty box onto the floor, but he never got in it again. It had to be the empty box on the dresser. Who knows why they pick the places they do!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous sher said…

    What a saga!!! I also had a cat that would cram his body into the tiniest containers. I never could understand it. Love your kitties--they have so much personality.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous aria said…

    hahaha, thats SO cute. he looks ready to rumble. that basket def looks like prime real estate.

    ps. congrats to you and yours on the getting hitched!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Rocco said…

    Great pictures Shannon...Your cats are cute!!

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Binulatti said…

    Isn't it always that way? Demand goes up, the stakes follow. Every time Stoli needs to uh, 'use the facilities', Spumoni decides right then & there that she must also. Wet hissing & ducking/swiping ensues. What *does* go in in catbrain?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home