The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Friday, March 10, 2006

WCB #40

Last June, I saw a stray cat poking around our backyard, acting all squirrely and running underneath our deck quite often. One evening, as I was sitting out on the deck reading, I saw this cat make a mad dash for one of our very small bushes in the side garden and with her was this itty bitty hissing kitten!
I knew that I had to catch this mother/daughter team and take them to the no-kill shelter, else they might either starve or one of the male feral cats lurking about might kill the little one. I took the mewling kitten into the garage and lured the mom in; we eventually got them into the house, then into a carrier, and to the shelter. After an examination, the shelter surprised us with the news that this kitten did NOT belong to this stray cat; she'd merely adopted it as her own. Awwww! A coworker of mine told her friend about the kitten and she went to the shelter to adopt it--a happy ending! Apparently this cat is now a gorgeous, strong-willed calico named Tauri who happily rules her household. It was my best good deed of 2005.

More felines at Kiri's, uh, er, Clare's!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Papilles et Pupilles said…

    So cute !!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said…

    Now that is a happy ending that every stray animal should have.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Jelly said…

    Very cool! I love calico kitties!!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous sher said…

    Tauri is such a doll--and very lucky to have run into your yard. Well done!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Awww... so cute! And that's wonderful what you did for the cat and kitten. The world needs more poeple like you. The kitten found a home. Did the cat find one too?

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Kristi, I don't know if the "mother" cat found a home. I certainly hope so, as she was very young and a pretty striped silver tabby. She was pretty wary of humans, however, but did let me pet her on occasion when we had her in our basement bathroom. So I had hope she would be adopted. I tried very hard to convince my coworker's friend to adopt both since they were so attached to each other but she only wanted the kitten.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Clare Eats said…

    That is a nice story, I m so glad it all worked out so well :)

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger cin said…

    lovely story & a gorgeous kitten!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger boo_licious said…

    Awww, that made me cry! Such a sweet story.

    Lots of love

    Boo the cat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home