The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Sunday, March 26, 2006

WCB #42 addendum

So I am about to make Farmgirl's Spinach Soup so I get out my bags of fresh spinach from the fridge, leave them on the counter, and then walk away from the kitchen. I normally don't leave food items out on the counter because the cats get very curious about What Could Be Up There And Is It Made of Dairy For Me To Lick? (Even more so now that both cats are on diets due to sudden late-winter-onset pudginess.) So vegetables? Not too concerned.

But when I heard suspicious crinkling in the kitchen a few minutes ago and asked BW, standing nearby, to see what is going on, he tells me that Colin is nosing around the spinach bags. A minute later, he informs me that Colin has ripped open one of the bags and is taking off with spinach dangling from his kitty lips! Sure enough:

I've heard of people on diets reluctantly eating more veggies but cats on diets eating veggies on purpose?! Guess it's time for some cat grass!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    LOL. These pictures are too funny. Apparently, your kitty is taking her diet into her own hands...er...paws.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    Quite funny! I especially like the side shot.

    And also? I love - nay, I LOVE - your new profile pic. And... I actually *remember* when you looked like that. (shortly after that, at any rate - was that shot taken in Alabama?) I think we were even the same height then.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    That was taken when I was 10 years old at my grandparents house here in Seattle (see the old-fashioned-ish furniture?). And yes, I did read that book all the way through at that age and yes, my grandpa gave me that beer to drink. That was not a posed photo! We were the same height then, which is just a few inches shorter than what I am now. Sigh.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous sher said…

    Well, I firmly beleive that cats sense when you don't want them to do something--so they immediately do it! It always happens. And really--how could Colin resist that crinkly bag? Is Colin named after the dreamy Colin Firth? Sigh!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    So then, I really do remember you looking like that. Just like me, only with dark hair! The beer threw me. I thought you started at 7. Clearly it was later.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Sher: nope, Colin is named after a dog in the fabulous British sitcom "Spaced." But Colin Firth is indeed dreamy! Yum.

    Anne: I first got drunk when I was 2. Then I had no more alcohol until I was nine. Ah, the permissive seventies!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Scalpels & Scotch said…

    Sutekh loved spinach. He would also steal apples, oranges, and bananas and drag them under the bed to bite into...

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Hmmm, so maybe it's not as odd as I thought it was.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home