The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Monday, June 12, 2006

The mean blues

It seems to be my permanent affliction these days, mainly due to being so goddamn unemployed. I had a job interview last Friday but got the very distinct feeling they've already chosen their candidate (long story, not a bad story but don't feel like going into it). Suffice to say, I am not expecting a call back from them. I also have no temp job lined up and with the U. W. in empty summer mode, the jobs are going to be fewer and far between with them. I haven't had a single job with the other temp agency either.

This sucks. I'm scared, to be honest. I can't believe I'm still without a job after all this time. Am I really that unhireable? No, no I'm not, which just makes it even worse.

Please know, I'm not looking for sympathy and, although I know y'all mean well, I'm not looking for "hang in there, something will come along" comments either just now. I just wanted to share my mood. You know, I originally intended this blog to be an online journal like the kind of personal journal I used to keep. Nowadays, I find myself being lazy and just posting cat photos. I want to try and return to more of the journaling aspect, with a Colin or Trixie photo thrown in every once in awhile. It's just that it's difficult to write about one's life when there is nothing going on in one's life. The Big Nothing; hence, the Mean Blues.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger l said…

    No sympathy? Fine. How about some random song lyrcs?

    Give a little bit....give a little bit of your love to me....

    OR

    Sexy motherfucker shakin' that ass! Shakin' that ass, shakin' that ass!

    OR (something a little more PG)

    All. My. Friends. Have a lowrider...

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    That's exactly what I need, L.! Ha!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger pbrchicken said…

    In the townnnn where I was bornnnn lived a ma-a-ahnnn who sailed the seaaasss..

    :)

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I know a girl who reminds me of Cher, she's always changing the color of her hair....;)

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    Hang in there, something will come along.

    :D

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous sher said…

    We're here to listen, for you to share your feelings. Most of us can relate to what you're going through. I like reading your blog, it's important to me. And you're entitled to the Mean Blues. Hell yeah. Listen to some blues--it'll make you feel better.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Binulatti said…

    Um...
    99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeeerrrrr!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Scalpels & Scotch said…

    Miranda still hasn't been able to find a job, either...

    But what's the big deal? Just send that lay-about couch barnacle of a fiance of yours out to work, don't you have better things to do with your time? Crack that whip, babycakes!

    And in better (or more horrifying) news, the goal I have set is to be ready to move out of here by this time next year... So you'd better find a job by then, because when I get there I'm gonna expect pbr to go out and work to support ME!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous aishwarya rai said…

    good site
    http://www.aishwaryaraiworld.org/

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous fitness said…

    best site
    http://www.fitness-world.org/

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous language said…

    happy site
    http://www.info-language.com/

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous outsourcing world said…

    nice site
    http://www.outsourcing-world.org/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home