The Westering Hills

Call me morbid, call me pale. . .

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Visitor

This little girl came to visit us this morning while we were eating breakfast. We see feral cats skulking around our backyard and on/under our back deck all the time, so I assumed this was a new feral I'd never seen before. To my surprise, she was very friendly, all meowy and purring. She was not at all fazed by Trixie and Colin, and was interested in checking out the inside of our house. She's pretty thin, too. Wondering if she's lost, of course. I'll keep a lookout for signs around the neighborhood.

She hung around for quite awhile, looking at the cats while they stared back at her. Every once in a while, Trixie felt compelled to remind her who was The Boss, growling, tail puffed. But it was mostly a peaceful scene.

We had roasted potato chunks with fresh rosemary & paprika, and bowls of yogurt/blueberries for breakfast. It was yummy.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous sher said…

    She's so pretty!! She looks like a cat I had named Katie--who was a stray. All my cats are strays actually.

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger annelynn said…

    What a pretty little girl! Awww. I hope her people are found soon, whether by you or by her.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    She hasn't been seen since yesterday morning. I keep looking for her, however. No signs or ads posted anywhere either. Hmmmm.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    She looks like a fuzzy-tailed version of Veruca!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Mo said…

    Precious! Breakfast sounds so yummy.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Binulatti said…

    Ooh - maybe Eisenhower needs a sibling! Do you think she looks like a Roosevelt?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home